LONDON — If you don’t pay much attention to where you store your e-cigarette batteries, well, this video will probably make you change your mind.
A CCTV camera in a shopping centre in Leeds recorded an e-cigarette battery exploding in a man’s pocket as he casually walked through a shop with a friend.
The man, who was left with slight injuries, had spare lithium-ion batteries for his e-cigarette loose in his pocket.
According to West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service, the short circuit was caused when one of the batteries came into contact with a metal item in the pocket — keys or coins. Read more…