As if flying weren’t stressful enough.
A passenger warning has been issued after a woman’s headphone batteries appear to have exploded on a flight from Beijing to Melbourne.
In quotes supplied by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB), the woman described how she was sleeping with the device on when she awoke to an explosion.
“As I went to turn around I felt burning on my face. I just grabbed my face which caused the headphones to go around my neck,” she said. “I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.” Read more…